Purveyor of sartorial enlightenment

dress your eyes...

Saturday 19 June 2010

www.stylebible.com



So I've now acquired yet another appellation for my CV: contributor to Stylebible.com

I recently met with Amanda Zuydervelt ("like fuzzyfelt but Zooder at the front", she proclaims) editor and founder of the online luxury fashion concierge Stylebible. We met at Century, one of Soho's best kept secrets. A discreet entrance that ascends 100 stairs (get it...century?) to an impressively stylish zone peppered with creative types/media moguls.

Once greeted by a super lovely front-of-house filly, I was led to the fourth floor (apparently Amanda's preferred meeting spot.) I got the impression she was a regular and I imminently got the impression that Amanda was a woman after my own heart.
With a glass of crisp Pinot poised before me, I waited (for forty-five minutes) upon the most beautiful roof garden - basking in the late afternoon sun. For that moment, I was all for the old adage of being fashionable late.

Amanda was lovely. She greeted with a double air-kiss and a sincere lengthy apology for keeping me waiting. Her accelerated and snappy speech indicated that time really wasn't plentiful amongst her hectic schedule. Her days (or more accurately, her life) is compact with numerous PR appointments, meetings, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, writing, admin, invites, parties and shows. This is all in between managing the successful growth of her business venture stylebible.

For now Amanda has enlisted my help in adding clout to the fashion area of the site, particularly the Fashion Boutique. A task that involves a huge amount of internet shopping (bummer!): hunting down the key products from brands such as Louis Vuitton, Dolce and Gabbana, Stella McCartney and not forgetting high-street stalwarts from next to Topshop. I will be hanging them up on the virtual rails of Stylebible for our audience to purchase, making for a stress free shopping trip. I will also contribute to the Fashion News section and any other area that requires a fashionable voice.

My First Article with Stylebible:

http://stylebible.com/Establishment/Fashion/FashionNews.aspx?newsid=b8235ee8-6130-4d5b-b061-bd2851821ee1

Here's to another stylish adventure...(ching, ching)

Thank you Amanda

No comments: