Purveyor of sartorial enlightenment

dress your eyes...

Thursday 17 June 2010

Going Going Gone



One great nicety about internet shopping is that you conveniently manage to avoid the sale shopping melee. I can't even begin to describe the frustration that prevails. Don't get me wrong, I'm not averse to hunting down a bargain. Just don't come within an arms length of me. Don't pretend you like what I am observing just because I have my hands on it first. Back off, step away from my line of fire.

I will gladly retreat from being amongst crowds of discount desperate hawks who stop at nothing to be in possession of, what probably is, a load of crap anyway. Have it. I'm not that desperate! Thanks. Oh and here's a discreet, but much more firmer, shove back and an accidentally-on-purpose knock of my colossal sized 'don't f**k with me' bag back (poking tongue out).

I cannot comprehend the appeal of sale shopping with the masses. It infuriates me enough to contemplate if fashion really is that crucial to my life. It certainly isn't. That is the fast, disposable, tack and tawdry form of fashion. The one that migrates to the back of your wardrobe within a week.

This Tuesday I will be pulling up a seat and surveying the Balmain flash sale, with up to 85% off, on Outnet.com. Now, this I can predict would be a riot if not on the safe haven that is the internet. I am imagining gauged-out eyeballs for the super-structured shoulders and second skin dresses with thigh skimming hemlines. This fiercely elegant look has spread like wild fire throughout the wardrobes of fashion's finest. It's going to be intense and the clock starts ticking at 10am.
If only outnet.com had the Facebook poking device... Balmain is worthy of war.

No comments: