Purveyor of sartorial enlightenment

dress your eyes...

Sunday 12 December 2010

Kate Middleton in Reiss

Sunday morning. If there was an image that was going to put a huge smile on my face, whilst I aid my G&T head, it was going to be these latest shots of the newly engaged Prince William and Kate Middleton. Both in a, never seen before, loving embrace shot by Peruvian fashion photographer Mario Testino. They look adorable, gorgeous and most importantly, relaxed, happy, secure and super in love. Although the ruling excitement, for me, is in fact that Kate is wearing my favourite brand Reiss. For me, the brand reflects Kate's understated, elegant and classic style perfectly. I wasn't enthralled with the Issa number Kate wore for the announcement of their engagement, although I didn't fail to recognise how beautiful she looked. This latest white dress, however, looks phenomenal. I'm now going to sit back and enjoy watching sales for the Reiss brand soar.

In the enduring clinch, above, Kate wears a blouse from Whistles where she once worked as as Assistant Buyer. This depiction of the royal couple is significant in that it conveys William and Kate's genuine love for one another. It's nonchalance lies in stark contrast to previous 'stiff and staged' royal couple portraits. You warm to the pair instantaneously. I love how Kate looks so proud to be in the arms of her prince charming. Genuinely pleased for our modern day prince and princess.


No comments: