Purveyor of sartorial enlightenment

dress your eyes...

Monday 9 August 2010

Oh No, No Logo? (snigger)


THE NEW LOUIS VUITTON HANDBAG
Images from the Telegraph

We have become accustomed to the conspicuous scattering of the Louis Vuitton 'monogram' logo pattern so an LV handbag, devoid of it's usual status symbols, is bound to raise eyebrows. It does look rather strange. It's Nude. But then what isn't right now in the world of fashion?
The luxury handbag and accessory industry is anticipating a seismic shift in logo emblazonment. Hoo-bloody-ray! I've never caught on to the trend of logo infested accessories. It's all a bit try-hard and look at me with my DESIIIGNERRR bag! That and they were never going to rid themselves of the "Is it or isn't it fake?" conundrum. I personally thought that they all looked the same. Sorry to all discerning LV investors (Paris Hilton, WAGS etc etc).

Some say that it has been a move progressing for some time but the ubiquitous minimalist trend (I keep harping on about it) has solidified that a discreet luxury is imminent. Post-recession consumers are opting for the less is more aesthetic as a pose to emblem excess.

Gucci, a brand renowned for its G emblem, said that its decision to cut back on such ostentatious logo display has seen its profits soar. In all honesty, I have always favoured Gucci's less invasive brand identity: the bamboo and horse-shoe motif. Both emit oodles more luxury than a bombardment of G's. I know that I would, definitely, be more inclined to make a LV purchase if logos were eliminated. And, of course, after I've accumulated a small fortune.

No comments: