Purveyor of sartorial enlightenment

dress your eyes...

Saturday 17 April 2010

Footwear Therapy


LANVIN CHAIN EMBELLISHED PLATFORM COURTS £600

CHLOE METALLIC NUDE BALLERINAS £255

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN PYTHON PEEP-TOE PUMPS £765

This burgeoning warm weather has caused a summer shoe frisson.
I've met that moment when I start to feel dubious about wearing boots. Pulling on my trusty over-knee swash bucklers suddenly feels strange. In fact, the fizzling out of any footwear pertaining to wading through puddles and that unaccustomed snow is imminent.
Here I am, one year on. Same place same time - standing before my wardrobe. Staring. Idle. I'm stone-broke of summer shoes. And yet again, I'm in a conundrum as to where last year's ones have gone? I reminisce about different pairs of gladiators that sauntered through the season with me, yet I can never recall parting from them.

Do I really dispose of them so nonchalantly? Am I in denial that I actually have a serious case of purchase-itus? Are my annual summer shoe frissons that profound that I just have to buy new? oh dear...

Still, all the more reason to scan the stores in search of this years summer shoe rendezvous. Above are my most coveted confections that epitomize the key Nude trend for this Spring/Summer 2010. One quick click to Matchesfashion.com and there they were, waiting. All prohibitively expensive but it's o.k to look. For me, Lanvin's ankle chain Mary Jane's were the highlight of it's presentation. A manifest beauty, exuding refinement but punctuated with opulence. Mwah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog-a very informative and entertaining read.